The nRF24L01 is a single-chip wireless transceiver chip, which is manufactured by NORDIC and works in the 2.4 GHz ~ 2.5 GHz ISM frequency band. The wireless transceiver includes frequency generator, enhanced ShockBurst mode controller, power amplifier, crystal oscillator, modulator and demodulator.
- Cross the ribbon through the following acrylic plate.
The ribbon enables you to easily remove the battery. Also you can skip this step.
Please note that one side of the ribbon is long and the other is short. The direction is shown as below.
2. Remove the nRF24L01 and SunFounder Nano board for installing the battery holder later.
3. Connect the following components with two M3*18 countersunk screws and two M3 nuts.
4. Plug SunFounder Nano board and nRF24l01 module into the SunFounder Mobile Robot Remote Controller board.
5. Connect the remote controller with the battery holder. Make sure the power source is wired correctly and the power is kept off.
6. Mount two 18650 batteries (please pay attention not to mount it inversely).
Check to see whether the battery holder and the battery are wired correctly.
7. Connect the SunFounder Mobile Robot Remote Controller to PC with a USB cable. If everything looks good, switch it on. Then the blue LED on SunFounder Nano board will light up.
8. Upload the Transmit.ino under Quadruped Crawling Robot Kit V2.0 for Arduino\code\2.nrf24l01\Transmit directory for the SunFounder Mobile Robot Remote Controller according to the method in the previous section. Then Remove the USB cable after upload, and keep the power on.
9. Connect the SunFounder Servo Control Boardto your PC with a USB cable.
10. Upload the Receive.ino under the Quadruped Crawling Robot Kit V2.0 for Arduino\code\2.nrf24l01\Receive directory for the SunFounder Servo Control Board according to the method in the previous section:
Do not remove the USB cable after upload. Open Serial Monitor.
Now, you should see information received by the nFR24l01 module displayed on the Serial Monitor window. Turn the rocker arm. The value displayed on the Serial Monitor window will change, which indicate wireless communication is working.
Remove the USB cable and turn off the power switch.