3. How to Control
- Install Arduino IDE
- Assemble the Rollarm (Remember to configure the servos before assembly. Pay attention to the detailed operations)
- Control with handle: download the Rollarm package and run the program (Indispensable step before operating the Rollarm)
- Control with Labview: download the Labview to your PC and install for control (download is a must-do before subsequent operating)
Let’s get started. Enjoy!
4. Getting Started with Software
Arduino is an open source platform that applies simple software and hardware. You can get it in a short even when you know little of it. It provides an integrated development environment (IDE) for code editing and compiling, compatible with multiple control boards. So you can just download the Arduino IDE, upload the sketches (i.e. the code files) to the board, and then you can see experimental phenomena. For more information, refer to http://www.arduino.cc.
4.1.2 Install Arduino IDE
The code in this kit is written based on Arduino, so you need to install the IDE first. Skip it if you have done this.
Step 1: Go to the arduino.cc website and click Download. On the page, check the software list on the right side under Download the Arduino Software.
Find the one that suits your operation system and click to download. There are two versions of Arduino for Windows: Installer or ZIP file. You’re recommended to download the former.
Step 2: Double click the .exe file and the following window will show up. Click
Click I Agree. The following interface will show up.
Click Browse to choose the installation path or enter a directory at the Destination Folder.
The following interface will show up. Note: After the installing progress bar goes to the end, the Close button may be enabled for some PC. Just click it to complete the installation.
Then a prompt appears. Select Always trust software for “Adafruit Industries” and click Install.
Select Always trust software for “Arduino srl” and click Install.
After the installation is done, click Close. Then an Arduino icon will appear on the desktop:
4.2 Resources Download
- 1. For downloading the program, go to LEARN->Get tutorials->Robot Kit-> DIY Control Robot Arm kit for Arduino-Rollarm and download the package:
2. Downloading the Labview software
The link for downloading (you may also find the link in the PDF file downloaded before):
- Labview/Rollarm/Rollarm’s Installer/setup.ex: The installer of Labview on your PC.
Then choose your installation path.
- 3. For related introduction and installation videos of the DIY Control Robot Arm kit for Arduino-Rollarm, please click VIDEO -> Robot Kit -> DIY Control Robot Arm Kit for Arduino-Rollarm.